Job Application FAQ's
Questions & answers for career opportunities at Pacekids.
As you might imagine, our hiring process has changed slightly as a result of the COVID-19 virus. We are committed to keeping both you and our hiring teams as safe as possible, so here is what you can expect during these times:
- Applications continue to be online, so please visit our career portal to view our current opportunities and apply to join our team today!
- If you are selected for an interview, a member of the hiring team will contact you to schedule a phone interview to further discuss the position as well as your skills and experience.
- Successful candidates would then move on to a formal interview with one or more members of the hiring team. Currently, these interviews are being conducted via Zoom. Prior to your interview, the team will be sure to send you any important information regarding the virtual interview. We recommend familiarizing yourself with Zoom ahead of time as well as locating an appropriate area to set yourself up for the call (backgrounds that are a solid colour, or that are not too distracting are the best to showcase you!)
- One of the final steps in our hiring process is to conduct reference checks. If you have advanced to this step, you will be asked to provide references we can speak to on your behalf.
- Finally, if you are the successful candidate, you will receive a formal offer of employment via email to review and sign via DocuSign!
Please note, the hiring process may take longer than normal during these times given busier workloads for many of our staff. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding!
Please check out our current opportunities on our career portal.
When applying for a job or registering for a general candidate profile, select the ‘Upload Resume’ option. You will then be prompted to review and make any necessary changes to the information that was pulled from your resume. Please note, when applying for a position, you will not be able to edit this information once you have submitted your application.
Yes, you can still apply and will be able to create a resume by selecting the ‘Create Your Resume’ option. Please note, you will not be able to edit this information once you have submitted your application.
To upload a cover letter with your application, click the + button within the cover letter section of your profile to upload your document. Please note, this cover letter will be attached to your candidate profile, so we encourage you to upload a new cover letter for each position you apply to.
Once you have submitted an application, the system will not allow changes to any attached documents or application details. Please make sure you review all information before submitting.
You are able to update the information in your profile at any time by selecting ‘My Profile’ from the drop-down menu that appears when clicking your name on the top menu bar. Please note, any changes made here will not change the information included with a previously submitted application.
On average, it takes up to 30 minutes to complete an application. Some positions require the completion of a questionnaire in order to be considered for the role.
While we’d love to hear from you or have you stop by, we ask that all applications be submitted through our career portal.
If a current Pacekids employee has referred you to a position, please we ask you still apply online through our career portal. You will be able to indicate ‘Employee Referral’ as how you heard about the position and will be able to name the employee.
Absolutely! Please submit a separate application for each posting by clicking ‘Apply’ or ‘Apply Now’ on the job posting and following the application instructions.
Yes, if you don’t see a position on our career portal that is of interest to you, you can create a general candidate profile which will not be attached to a specific job. To do so, click the ‘Register’ button on the top menu bar of the career portal home page. From here, you will be asked to create an account and complete your profile details. You may be contacted if we feel your skills and experience are a fit with one of our open positions. We still encourage you to check back often for opportunities that may be of interest to you and apply to those positions directly.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties when trying to apply for a position on our career portal, we recommend first trying a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.) or clearing the cache/cookies on the browser you are using. If the issue persists, please reach out to [email protected] for support.