Pacekids Programs believes in Developmental Play! Pacekids is excited to be opening a brand new South School in Fall 2017. Located in Calgary’s SE neighbourhood of Sundance, the new school will feature up to six adaptive, resource-filled classrooms and will be 12,000 square feet – more than double the size of their current south facility. With industry-leading equipment and resources like a sensory movement gym, outdoor adaptive play space and speech-language resources in every classroom, this new location will provide the very best therapeutic and educational option for the kiddos we service!
With this exciting move, come some exciting events! Check out the list of upcoming events that are a part of the Pacekids Believes in Developmental Play campaign:
- Southcentre’s Lil’ Shoppers Kids Club on Wednesday, March 8th from 9:30am – 11:30am; members of the Pacekids’ ECS Preschool + Kindergarten team will be on hand with special takeaways for all of the Lil’ Shoppers!
- Free Public Drop-In at Fun N More (146 13226 Macleod Trail SE) on Friday, March 10th from 10 – 11 am. Enjoy complimentary public drop-in, connect with clinical team members of the Pacekids ECS Preschool + Kindergarten team and receive a special activity bag for your kiddo!
- Free Public Drop-In at Treehouse South (#13, 240 Midpark Way SE) on Friday, March 24th from 9:30 – 10:30 am. Enjoy complimentary public drop-in, connect with clinical team members of the Pacekids ECS Preschool + Kindergarten team and receive a special activity bag for your kiddo!
- Sensory-friendly Screening at Canyon Meadows Cinemas (Bay 110 – 13226 MacLeod Trail S) on Tuesday, March 28th at 10:30 am (movie begins at 11 am sharp). Enjoy a sensory-friendly screening of Sing! for $5. The first 120 moviegoers get in free!
- Sensory-friendly Roller Skating at Lloyd’s Roller Sports Centre (7520 Macleod Trail SE) on Thursday, March 30th from 4 – 6 pm. Enjoy sensory-friendly roller-skating (lower lights and lower music in a friendly, inclusive environment) for only $5 (includes rentals). REGISTER HERE!
- Toddler & Preschooler Story Time @ Chapters Shawnessy (Shawnessy Shopping Centre, 16061 Macleod Trail S) on Friday, April 7th at 2 pm. Little readers can enjoy circle-time stories and activities hosted by a Pacekids Speech-Language Pathologist and ECS teacher.
Pacekids Sundance Details Info:
Anticipated Opening Date: September 2017
Address: 23 Sunpark Drive SE, Calgary AB
Pacekids Programs is a charitable organization that strives to empower children with special needs and their families through excellence in therapy and education. Operating for over 25 years and funded through Program Unit Funding (PUF) from Alberta Education, & Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD), Pacekids serves children with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Global Developmental Delay, Down Syndrome, Speech & Language delays, and more through a variety of programs in the Calgary area.